- Posted May 13, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Women and the economy
- Ms. Gong He, wife of Attorney Gao Zhisheng, cried for humane treatment
- Ms. Shen Peilan being kidnapped by the local government for one day, severely beaten
- Citizens Were Beat up by the Police for attending a Wedding Ceremony （5）
- Citizens Were Beat up by the Police for attending a Wedding Ceremony （4）
- Citizens Were Beat up by the Police for attending a Wedding Ceremony （3）
Ms Lin detained for the 22nd time in the past 5 years after meeting with Premier Wen Jiabao (re-post)
Ms. Lin narrated about her experience during the interview. In 2002, Ms. Lin and her ex-boyfriend had a new born baby, but afterward her boyfriend left her and the boy, trying to engage with another lady. Conflict arose between the two of them. In August 2002, her ex-boyfriend entered into her flat on the 6th floor, choked her to loss of conscience and threw her out of the window. However, the man was sentenced to three and a half year imprisonment and yet he managed to return home after just half a year. Afterwards, her son was taken away from her and she was forbidden to see her son. Every time she tried to see her son, she was severely beaten and chased away. Till today, she was only allowed to see her son once in 2008.
She is apparently worried about her safety again and says that she will keep her mobile phone on round the clock. In case she is not able to be reached on her mobile, it means she was persecuted again by the local government. Her mobile phone is: 13141001153. She has given the interviewer her brother’s and sister’s mobile phone numbers just in case she is taken away.