- Posted May 14, 2012 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Un-Demonization of Cuba--Communists Aren't the Boogeyman Anymore.
- I Hate This Monkey Movie, and Here's Why You Should, Too
- I Hate This Monkey Movie--Here's Why You Should Too
- It's Been A While, But It May Be Time to Resume Contributing to iReport
- Ukraine Spring---A Perfect Storm of Freedom and Tyranny ---by W J O'Reilly
US Media Desperate to Grab Our Attention....Thus the Hyperbole
A hip, sexy mom breastfeeds her three year old on the cover of TIME while a Barack Obama, captioned, "America's First Gay President" holds the front page of NEWSWEEK. They aren't the first of the leading most controversial covers on American magazines--remember the naked John Lennon on ROLLING STONE, not to be confused with the naked Demi Moore on VANITY FAIR, or the naked Janet Jackson. The point is the print media in its death throes will do anything at any time to sell a few more books, and if that means sexualizing children, the big claim against the recent Time cover, or outright misrepresentation of fact, as the "Gay President Obama" they will do it, and we will look, and we will comment and we will buy these to satisfy something prurient within ourselves. But do get ready, because we're gonna be seeing everything sooner or later, because that's what it takes for us to subsidize a dying industry. Just sayin', it's something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.