- Posted May 14, 2012 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
US Media Desperate to Grab Our Attention....Thus the Hyperbole
A hip, sexy mom breastfeeds her three year old on the cover of TIME while a Barack Obama, captioned, "America's First Gay President" holds the front page of NEWSWEEK. They aren't the first of the leading most controversial covers on American magazines--remember the naked John Lennon on ROLLING STONE, not to be confused with the naked Demi Moore on VANITY FAIR, or the naked Janet Jackson. The point is the print media in its death throes will do anything at any time to sell a few more books, and if that means sexualizing children, the big claim against the recent Time cover, or outright misrepresentation of fact, as the "Gay President Obama" they will do it, and we will look, and we will comment and we will buy these to satisfy something prurient within ourselves. But do get ready, because we're gonna be seeing everything sooner or later, because that's what it takes for us to subsidize a dying industry. Just sayin', it's something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.