- Posted May 16, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
City smackdown: Tampa
No one left behind
- water and plenty of it: with the bay including Clearwater, St. Pete, Channelside, and the Hillsborough River running right through the city.
- professional and college sports events: Bucs, Rays, USF, UT
- some of the best shopping a city can ask for: high end malls (international mall & westshore mall) that also provide the more inexpensive options as well
- Theater and Music galore: Ruth Eckerd Hall, The Straz Center, Florida Orchestra
- Dining options that leave no one wanting more: The world famous Berns Steakhouse, Columbia restaurant, La Terracita, more cuban sandwich options you can ask for, to local cuisine that features fresh seafood and organic choices
- Theme Parks with Busch Gardens, Lego Land, and adventure island. Plus Disney is only 1 hour away!
- Vacation at home: & why not in Tampa Bay...you can do anything from go to the beach to get on a cruise ship with Royal Carribean and Carnival docking out of Channelside. Plus, we have some of the best resorts and spas in town: The Don Cesar, The Vinoy, The Sandpearl. You don't have to spend alot of money for the ulitmate "staycation".
My Story: Born and raised in Orlando, I feel in love with a good ol' Tampa boy, Tim Kleman. We dated long distance for a year and decided to move to Nashville for a few years to open a business. It was great. But when push came to shove, we felt the southern feel and right at home but we knew that something was still missing in our lives: the charm of Tampa Bay. So, when we got engaged, we sold our business, and decided to plant our family roots right here in the best city in the world: Tampa Bay, FL. We have the pleasure to opening now 3 businesses here and working full time in the hospitality industry. On the weekends, we participate in everything and there is never a dull weekend: Gasparilla, Boating, the Beach, local festivals, local markets, the theater, the orchestra, dining with friends, you name it, we do it.
You have it all here in TB: the hussle and bussle of a large city yet the pure peace of the white sandy beaches and nightly sunsets. What do you love? Well, good luck NOT finding it here in Tampa Bay.