- Posted May 18, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Gays in the Military? Whatever.
A good friend of mine at Trinity College, CT, Chuck Shouse, was a gay sailor who saw combat service during the Vietnam Era. His letters to friends and family spoke about the unwritten rules concerning gays in the military (all branches, both genders). He proudly announced to his close friends--that is--- his ability to maintain his active gay lifestyle in the military, and even hinted that heterosexuals were aware and for the most part politely unobservant of what went on romantically between enlisted men and women. Unfortunately, Chuck died too young during the AIDS outbreak of the 1980s, but I think his words of experience---both personal and military--would have been welcomed during these fearful yet hopeful days of "don't ask, don't tell."