- Posted May 25, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Turbulence, violence in the Middle East
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel's Call with Israeli Minister of Defense Moshe Ya'alon
- United States Announces Additional Humanitarian Assistance for Syria Crisis
- Locklear Briefs on Asia-Pacific, Partners, Security
- NATO Press Release (2014)113 - Statement by the Secretary General on the INF Treaty
- Op-Ed from Secretary Kerry
Insurgents kill 8 Afghan civilians in eastern Afghanistan province over past 4 days
The most recent incident was yesterday when a civilian bus travelling through Ghazni going to Kabul was struck by an improvised explosive device that was planted on a public road, said Musa Khan Akbarzada, Ghazni Provincial Governor.
"This was another sad incident caused by the inhuman and un-Islamic acts of the enemies of the people of Afghanistan. This act resulted in five of our Afghan citizens, including three men and two women, being killed and 16 others, including children, being severely wounded,” Akbarzada said.
“Planting bombs along public roads is a cowardly act by the enemies of the people of Afghanistan that can only result in the killing and wounding of innocent Afghan citizens. It is a direct attack on innocent Afghan citizens, and I condemn it with the strongest terms," he added.