- Posted May 26, 2012 by
Some example of The Economist’s biased reports:
1. It’s commonly known that they owe their supports to the Republican Party of USA and President Obama i.e. the Democrats are also their target in action.
Mad and Hyderabad: Nameless, ruthless and pointless :http://www.economist.com/node/9725391
2. Comparing extremist Praveen Togadia with Jawaharlal Nehru: Bridging the divide : http://www.economist.com/node/10015201?story_id=10015201
3. Misinformation in India’s country profile :http://www.economist.com/countries/India/index.cfm
4. Prediction about India’s Election: Early elections for India?
The Economist wrote : According to a survey in early September by the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, the UPA would increase its seats from the 222 it won in May 2004 to 267. Meanwhile, the BJP-led coalition, the National Democratic Alliance, would win 133 seats, compared to 189 in 2004. The Left party’s number of seats in the national parliament would fall to, down from 59. http://www.economist.com/node/9820974?story_id=9820974
Indian response: What comes across as ridiculous is the analysis on the possible outcome of the mid-term polls. Among other things, the Economist relies on questionable opinion poll data that have a notorious record for being wrong 99% of the time.
1. Readers comment: I also get a good laugh out of their tacit disdain for French liberalism/laziness: http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=S%27%2BX4%2FQ%21%5B%22%23%40%23D%0A
2. Dani Rodrik: (Works on economic development and globalization) : Wrote an article : Should I start reading The Economist again? He quoted : “The Economist was making sense. Its one thing to be opinionated, another to be misinformed and arrogant at the same time. After one too many articles in this mold, I simply stopped picking up the magazine”.http://rodrik.typepad.com/dani_rodriks_weblog/2008/03/should-i-start.html PLS READ THE
COMMENTS OF READERS ABOUT The ECONOMIST
The Clueless Economist: http://acorn.nationalinterest.in/2007/09/03/the-clueless-economist/
Political affray in Malaysia : Taken to the cleaners : The KDN’s arm doesn’t reach that far. http://www.economist.com/node/18959359 It was baseless report. After strong protest, Malaysia Today reported,: (The Malaysian Insider) Only the false and misleading parts of The Economist’s article on the Bersih rally were blacked out, the home ministry said today. http://www.malaysia-today.net/mtcolumns/newscommentaries/42188-home-ministry-only-the-false-parts-were-blacked-out-in-economist-article
The All-China Journalists Association (ACJA) “We are truly stunned and shocked by a recent racist and hateful remark on the Chinese people by your news commentator.
Journalist group urges to apologize
We can go on with more controversial news report links on Italy, Russia, and Middle East and even on religion.