- Posted May 27, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your photos from 'Inside Africa'
- The Crocuses of May. Sinaia. Romania © Nora de Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
- The Elusive Nubian Ibex and the Secret Waterfalls © Nora de Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
- Kathmandu. Nepal © Nora de Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
- Mount Everest Before the Earthquake. Base Camp One, South-Western Tibet © Nora de Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
- Romania. Summer-Autumn © Nora De Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
Maasai Mara People. Kenya & Tanzania. East Africa © Nora de Angelli / www.noraphotos.com
Nomadic people still living in clay huts, drinking the fresh warm blood of their cattle every morning. Their rituals involve shamanistic healing, divination and prophecy while worshiping their God, Enkai. Warriors perform the ceremonial Masai dance Adumu, “the jumping dance” which leads them into a trance while chanting religious songs praising their ancestors.
NgoroNgoro Crater, one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles for its magical setting and for the amazing wild life trapped inside it, is still the home of the local Masai tribes which still maintain their traditional way of life.