- Posted May 27, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Bahrain Parliament Strongly Denounces Human Rights Violations in Camp Ashraf and Camp Liberty
Manama, May 24. (BNA) – The Representatives Council has condemned in the strongest terms the Iraqi regime's serious violations of human rights at Camp Ashraf and Camp Liberty, as a result of the pressure and blatant interference of the Iranian regime.
The Parliament also strongly denounced the Iraqi Authorities' ill-treatment of refugees and the low level of health services provided for them at the camps which lack basic human requirements, stressing that the transfer of the residents of Camp Ashraf to Camp Liberty is an illegal move that violates international norms.
In a statement issued today, the Representatives Council urged the Iraqi regime to adhere to international conventions and resolutions related to refugees and asylum-seekers and provide them with the necessary services, facilities, safety and protection guaranteed by international law and human practices.
It also called upon the United Nations, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the European Union, human rights organisations and NGOs to respond to the grave violations of human rights committed by the Iranian regime and the Iraqi government in order to force them to honour their commitments regarding human rights, put an end to illegal practices against Iranian dissidents inside and outside Iran, stop transferring refugees immediately and formally recognize Camp Liberty as a refugee camp under international protection.