- Posted June 1, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Maryam Rajavi declared: "Writ of the US Federal Court of Appeal is victory of justice over collusion and an end to an unjust terror label of 15 years"
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the Iranian Resistance described today's ruling of the Washington Court of Appeal as victory of Justice over collusion and appeasement which ended the 15-year-long unjust terror label against the legitimate resistance movement of the Iranian people. This writ indicated once again that maintaining the terror label against the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) is totally illegitimate and unlawful merely serving political ends.
Mrs Rajavi stated, "This illegitimate label has been for the past 15 years the key factor in helping the religious fascism ruling Iran to maintain power; it has caused two massacres in Ashraf, execution and arrest of many members and supporters of the PMOI/MEK and the Iranian resistance inside Iran as well as the cruel restrictions against Iranian Americans in the United States. Today, it is still being used as a leverage by the Iranian regime and the Iraqi government to suppress the residents of Ashraf and Liberty.
Mrs Rajavi stressed that denouncing the religious and terrorist dictatorship ruling Iran and its nuclear weapon project is of no impact and value as long as its legitimate and powerful opposition is enchained with terrorist designation. She hoped that Mrs Hilary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, will implement the court writ expeditiously ending an erroneous and destructive policy and a gross injustice in the history of the United States.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
June 1st 2012