- Posted June 9, 2012 by
Providence, Rhode Island
- TX State Rep Senfronia Thompson Interview On Rick Perry Vetoing HB 950 (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)
- War Hawks Pressuring President Obama Into Syrian Civil War (VIDEO)
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
Netroots Nation 2012: Dr. Eddie Moore Jr. on White Privilege Conference
As I walked the exhibit floor at Netroots Nation 2012 I was first taken aback by a black man sitting in under a sign that said White Privilege Conference. I stopped and engage in a very enlightening conversation with Eddie Moore Jr.
Interesting enough as a member of the Move to Amendexecutive committee, that subject came up during our executive meeting in Eugene Oregon. While David Cobb, one of the executive committee members and our main spokesperson was insistent that we take into account the concept which is much more complex than it sounds, that complexity had me hesitant to immediately support it as I thought it made race too much of an issue that might detract from our core message.