- Posted June 12, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Manila Commemorated the 114th Anniversary of Philippine Independence from Spanish Colonial Rule
Today, June 12, the Philippines celebrated its 114th anniversary of independence from Spanish colonial rule. Various ceremonies commemorating Philippine Independence Day took place all over the country. I went to Luneta (Rizal Park) in Manila this morning to watch the Independence Day ceremony there. Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim led the flag-raising ceremony there. There were also job fairs in the said park as part of the 114th anniversary of Philippine independence from colonial rule. I went to Luneta this morning to rekindle my patriotism and show gratitude to our national heroes who struggled hard to liberate the Philippines from colonial rule.
Modern-day Filipinos owe a great debt to those of the past who made sacrifices, worked diligently, and even died to give our country its independence and freedom. To keep faith with those who have gone before and upon whose toil and sacrifice the nation was built and established, present-day Filipinos need to appreciate, uphold and show patriotism.