- Posted June 14, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your questions for Meghan McCain
How do we fix health care?
1. How do we get appropriate health care to people when they need it? Not only providing complex, life-saving care in a rural setting, but also routine healthcare in poverty settings.
2. How to we encourage research and innovation in medical treatments and medicines, and make these new treatments available to patients?
3. How do we provide mental health care to those who need it? rep Giffords might not have been attacked if the shooter had continued to receive mental health care.
4. How do we pay for both physical and mental healthcare? Who should pay and how should costs be divided among payers?
5. How do we minimize greed, fraud, theft and other forms of corruption in the healthcare system? The city fathers who bribe providers to build a new facility in their city are no less guilty of corruption as the hospital who bills for a room for the day after the patient was discharged.
6. Which is better - a national solution, a state-by-state solution or some combination?