- Posted June 14, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Five political prisoners in Ahwaz including three brothers are in death row
Clerical regime of Iran inhumanely intends to hang five political prisoners in Ahwaz. They include three brothers, Abdul-Rahman, Taha and Jamshid Heidari, as well as their cousin Mansour Heidari and another prisoner Amir Osameh.
They were transferred from general ward to solitary
confinement of Karoon prison in Ahwaz on Saturday June9.
Death sentence for these prisoners, who were arrested in the protests in Ahwaz in April 2011, was confirmed by The mullahs' Supreme Court in March 2012.
The most hated clerical regime resorts to execution of political prisoners, their elimination or making them suffer to death in order to prevent the spread of protests by Iranian people and to intensify the atmosphere of fear in society especially in the 3th anniversary of the uprising 2009.
On May21, Mansour Radpour, a political prisoner and an activist for the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI), after five years in prison, passed away suspiciously in Gohardasht prison while his entire body was bruised.
Two weeks later, Mohammad Mehdi Zalieh, a Kurdish political prisoner, after suffering two decades of imprisonment and torture, passed away in the same prison due to denial of medical treatment.
The Iranian resistance calls on all international human rights organizations and bodies to take urgent action to save five prisoners facing execution, and urges them to send a fact-finding mission to investigate prisoners' conditions especially political prisoners.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
June 12, 2012