- Posted June 16, 2012 by
Imperial Beach, California
Surfing Dogs - Southern California
Another Southern California tradition, Loews Surf Dog Competition in Imperial Beach. Fun!
Check out my video and hear from the reigning champion and world record holder.
2012 Competition Results:
· Heat One (small dogs): Abbie Girl, an Australian Kelpie
· Heat Two (large dogs): Ricochet, a Golden Retriever, and ASPCA Dog of the Year
· Heat Three (tandem): Zoey, a Jack Russell Terrier, and owners Scott & Tyler Chandler
Dogs/teams were scored on confidence level, length of ride and overall ability to “grip it and rip it.” Winners scored the ultimate pet vacation at Loews Coronado Bay Resort… and endless bragging rights.
In addition to the competition,this year’s event broke three Guinness Book of World Records,* including:
· Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time (more than 10 dogs)
· Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time (more than 10 dogs) with a human (Scott Chandler)
· Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time (more than 10 dogs) with two humans (Scott and Tyler Chandler)