- Posted June 21, 2012 by
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
NRA Foils Own Agenda Over "Fast and Furious" Fallout
The general public is at this point only marginally aware of all this Fast and Furious talk, though attorney general Eric Holder's citing for contempt has succeeded in garnering a bit more attention. Republican party activists, however, are like sharks in blood filled waters, believing they have found an inroad into beating Obama. That the administration let guns be distributed by known criminals in Mexico is not at issue, but whether the president was complicit in any cover up over the past year or more since the undercover program was unearthed. The fact is we are looking well past November for any resolution of these matters, and it is highly doubtful that the election results will be effected by all this sturm and drang. Here's the really complicated part...while the NRA is eager to harm Holder and the administration over any illicit arms distribution south of the border--THE LONGER THIS ISSUE STAYS FRONT AND CENTER, THE GREATER THE GUN CONTROL FALLOUT THAT WILL ULTIMATELY HINDER THE SECOND AMENDMENT AGENDA OF NRA. The administration is indeed at risk over alleged Fast and Furious coverup attempts--but the NRA will shoot itself squarely in the foot if it further sensitizes American citizens to the evils of assault weapons by advancing the Fast and Furious investigation. Complicated, yes--but most definitely something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly