- Posted June 23, 2012 by
Army Officer/Operation Iraqi Veteran Wrongfully Arrested and Maliciously Prosecuted for a crime he did not commit
MAJOR Bonds endured over 20 hours of Police torture while in custody (from June 28-29, 2008) by the Chicago Police Department. He was:
1) Denied water and restroom privileges for over 8 hours.
2) Handcuffed to a ring on a wall for over 8 hours.
3) Denied any food for over 19 ½ hours.
4) Questioned by a Detective without the presence of his Attorney.
5) Maliciously prosecuted his case without probable cause (and did so).
6) Not allowed to make a statement to the Chicago Police or the State's Attorney (after the arrest).
MAJOR Bonds was arrested on allegations of aggravated assault on June 28th, 2008. The plaintiff was his wife’s 94 year old Aunt. Both MAJOR Bonds and his wife had been the primary care providers for her Aunt since 2003.
His wife’s Aunt was diagnosed with Dementia of the Alzheimer's type in 2006.
Prior to being arrested in 2008, MAJOR Bonds had absolutely no prior criminal history, arrest, trouble with the law, not even a speeding ticket.
The investigation of all evidence and witnesses confirmed that no crime: Assault, Battery, Abuse or Physical Harm in any way was ever done to his wife’s Aunt by MAJOR Bonds (As previously stated in the formal complaint).
Even after his wife’s Aunt admitted to the Chicago Police that MAJOR Bonds never physically harmed her, and two Chicago Paramedics examined her and found no injuries, MAJOR Bonds was still arrested and maliciously prosecuted (See story by Mary Mitchell, Chicago Sun-Times, and Aug 20, 2009)
The Cook County State's Attorney dismissed this case against MAJOR Bonds on Nov 17, 2008, but refused to Expunge his record even though no crime or conviction had ever occurred.
The goal was to make a public example out of MAJOR Bonds, an innocent Citizen Soldier, husband and father by withholding evidence, investigation misconduct and violation of his Civil Rights.
Even in the face of this injustice, MAJOR Bonds still deployed with his unit (Army) to Kuwait/Iraq in 2010, (receiving the Army Meritorious Service Medal/Award), putting his life on the line in harm’s way to protect the Freedom/Liberties of all Americans; even the corrupt Chicago Police and the Cook County State’s Attorney that wrongfully arrested him.
Please take a stand and in fighting these Gross Injustices by demanding the Cook County State's Attorney Expunge and Seal the Record of MAJOR Christopher Bonds.
I was arrested on allegations of aggravated assault on June 28th, 2008. The plaintiff is my 94 year old Aunt. My wife (Mrs. Zephye Bonds) and I had been the primary care providers for her over the last 8 years.
At the beginning of 2008, my Aunt was diagnosed with Dementia of the Alzheimer's type. The Physician Report from her Physician, (March 13, 2008) Dr. Bial documented that Mrs. Susie Smith (Patient):
1) Patient has mild to moderate Dementia (Probably Alzheimer’s).
2) Patient has very poor short-term memory and impaired judgment and insight.
3) Patient does not remember the discussions from one visit to the next.
4) Patient is not able to follow directions or advice.
5) Patient does not remember to take her medications correctly.
6) Patient has been taken advantage of financially by strangers asking for money.
7) Patient is totally incapable of making personal and financial decisions.
8) Patient needs 24-hour assistance
I have served this great Nation as an Army Officer for over 24 years. I recently deployed to Kuwait/Iraq putting my life on the line, serving my Country and protecting the Rights of all, even the Chicago Police/Cook County State's Attorney that violated my Civil Rights and treated me like an animal.
Would you consider doing a story or interview on the injustice that I suffered?