- Posted June 24, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Pictures: Gathering of Iranian Resistance Supporters on June 24, 2012
Picture Source: Getty Images
euronews - 24/06 / 2012 - Vido - Tens of thousands of Iranians gathered on the outskirts of Paris for a meeting of the opposition movement, the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
Organisers said that more than a thousand buses arrived bringing Iranians from all over Europe to call for political change. The leader of the French-based movement, Maryam Rajavi, said the West must stop appeasing the regime.
“The greatest societies and far reaching imaginations could provoke entire movements and take them further. They break down barriers and achieve the impossible, allowing them to be victorious,” she said.
Rajavi also accused the United States of dragging its heels on to removing her group from its terrorist list. Among the guests were former US Senator Robert Torricelli, joined by former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani who said progress could only be made with regime change in Iran.