- Posted June 27, 2012 by
- 政府強拆人要自焚官員無動於衷Gov't official turns deaf ear to Ms. Jia's immolation to protest against political violence
- 活摘器官调查 Telephone investigation into live organ harvest issues
- 推特是我的城市 Twitter is my city
- CCP refusing to apologize as promised, leaving the victim on hunger strike!
- SOS: 15-yr-old boy crying for help
Letter of appeal to the US Embassy Beijing to release record regarding Mr. Yu Rufa
Re: Urgent release of the video record regarding Mr. Yu Rufa, who ran into US Embassy, sent out to Beijing police custody, and died on the third day
Dear Secretary of State Mrs. Clinton,
Dear Ambassador Mr. Locke,
On behalf of all concerned Chinese, we are seeking your assistance in regards to an incident that occurred inside the front gates of the United States Of America Embassy in Beijing.
The incident occurred inside the Embassy gates at around 10.00 am on the 14th day of June, 2012 and involved Mr. Rufa Yu, a 76 year old petitioner from Guo Zhuang, Xian County, Hebei province，China.
At the time of the incident Mr. Yu was walking outside the Embassy gates when he suddenly made an "L" turn and dashed inside the main gate of the Embassy. Two Chinese Armed Police, which is the title of them and supposedly not eligible to enter into the Embassy, made big rushes, grabbed him by the arm forcefully when he was insdie the gate for nearly three meters, and brought him inside the Embassy through a small passage for the staff of the US Embassy. Some time in the afternoon, the old man was sent out to a Police Liaison Office in Beijing, where he was in custody for some time, and later was transferred to the Liaison office of Hebei province in Beijing.
Till 16 June 2012, Mr. Yu was still in Beijing. Late night of 16th June, he was transported home, unable to stand straight, stretch his neck, and lost the ability to speak. During the early hours on the morning of July 17th, Mr. Yu’ was found lying dead outside his own home. There was a 3cm long cut by some sharp edged instrument on the head of his body.
It is believed that the death of Mr. Yu Rufa was an organised murder against the poorest in the society without considerations of humanity or mercy. It was an open crime and murder against an individual living at the bottom of the social ladders. The motivation of the murder is extremely evil and the way of murder is absolutely cruel. The murder has gone far beyond the bottom line of the whole human civilizations. We are more than indignant at such inhumanity and cruelty. After numerous inquiries into the case, we have been unable to obtain authentic explanations about what had happened and how Mr. Yu was sent home in Hebei province and died outside his home.
Thereby, we make formal appeals to the Embassy of The United States of America thatt:
1. urgently release the video recording and relevant documents regarding Mr. Yu inside and outside the Embassy, how he was caught by the two armed police, brought inside and transferred outside the Embassy;
2. seamlessly assist our investigation into the case and work together with Mr. Yu's attorneys on Mr. Yu's unfulfilled wishes;
3. make sincere apology to Mr. Yu's family regarding his unfulfilled wishes and take relevant responsibilities on your part;
4. based on the lessons taken from this incident, develop practical and well organized administrative procedures on security and safety provision to people inside the Embassy area and provide necesaary trainings to the relevant parties;
5. care and concern for the human rights conditions of the ordinary mass living at the bottom of the social ladders, and take practical actions to help the poor individuals and people as a whole out from suffering organized human rights violations and help improve the human rights conditions in China.
Co-initiators of the appeal,
Gong Ming, PIC of The Oversea Chinese Civil Rights Community
Li Jun, PIC of Home to Petitioners
To sign our appeal, please email us your name information to: email@example.com
For inquiry of the updated co-signatures: