About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view Angelis2011's profile
    Posted June 28, 2012 by
    Cleburne, Texas

    Justice for Ethan

    My name is Kathryn Ritz and I am e-mailing you in hopes to spread the story of what happened to my baby. My son, Ethan Russel Allison, was murdered by his father on May 22, 2012. However, it happened in the small town of Durant, Oklahoma. I am trying to spread awareness of this vicious act in order to make the people aware of what happened. I know that if my son's murder would have happened in a major city, such as Dallas, then these measures would not be necessary.

    I am determined to make people aware of Ethan's story, to make it as "important" as it would have been if it did happen in a major city. Just because my 14-month old son was murdered in a small town should not mean that people do not find the horror in the atrocity. Please help me get justice for Ethan.

    Here is the full story:

    A Durant man is facing a murder charge in the death of his 14-month old son authorities said died after hitting his head on a tile floor when he was violently jerked by his father.

    Marin Clay Allison, 23, was charged Friday with first-degree murder-child abuse for the death of his son, Ethan Allison, who died May 22 at Children’s Medical Hospital in Dallas.

    The charge was filed following the completion of an investigation by the Durant Police Department and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

    An affidavit by Durant Police Lt. Chris Marcy states that early in the morning on May 21, Allison dialed 911 and said his son was not breathing. The investigation revealed that Ethan had a massive fracture to the back of his head, and he was flown to the Dallas hospital where he never regained consciousness. He was removed from life support and pronounced dead the following day.

    Marcy questioned Allison, and according to the affidavit, he said Ethan fell from a height of four inches on May 18, and that he had fairly normal physical functions, but was fussy. Allison said he woke up at about 5:30 a.m. on May 21 and found Ethan unresponsive.

    Later that morning, Marcy obtained a search warrant for Allison’s home in the 1600 block of North Ninth Avenue, and according to the affidavit, there was a computer in the bedroom, and Marcy observed that someone had been researching head injuries, plus symptoms of a coma.

    On June 11, Marcy and OSBI Agent Reanae Childers questioned Allison at the police department, and he admitted that Ethan’s injury was not from an accidental fall, the affidavit states. Mr. Allison said that after coming back to Durant on May 20, he, himself, became ill, and that Ethan would run in and out of the bathroom attempting to get him to play.

    Allison, the affidavit states said he became frustrated, so he grabbed Ethan by his clothes and pulled him off his feet. Allison described how the boy’s head then hit the tile floor with a lot of force and made a loud impact.

    The alleged incident happened at about 9 p.m. that evening, and according to the affidavit, Allison said Ethan was unresponsive about 10 minutes later, although he was still breathing. Allison said he stayed up most of the night researching head injuries on the Internet, and at approximately 5:45 the following morning, he dialed 911 after Ethan stopped breathing.

    A doctor at Children’s Hospital completed an affidavit that states Ethan died of a severe and acute traumatic brain injury, according to Marcy’s affidavit, and the injuries were consistent with child abuse.

    Kathryn Ritz

    By the way, the picture I have included is of my son, Ethan Russel Allison, at our neighborhood park just two months before he was murdered.
    Add your Story Add your Story