- Posted July 5, 2012 by
New York City, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Art where you live
- The Spirit of Urban Martial Arts Supply Shops Live On: Gallery Two
- The Spirit of Urban Martial Arts Supply Shops Live On: Gallery One
- Kuroshi Kai Kan Annual Recognition Awards: The Next Generation
- Kuroshi Kai Kan Annual Recognition Awards: Martial Arts Evolution
- Kuroshi Kai Kan Annual Recognition Awards
Makin' Hot Music in New York
View my photography portfolio at ByHandPix.com.
I caught part of the Make Music New York Festival, a live, free musical celebration across the city that takes place every June 21st, the longest day of the year, called the summer solstice. On that day, hundreds of public spaces throughout the five boroughs of New York City become impromptu stages for over 1,000 free concerts. The photos include DJ Esquire, an instructor at the Scratch Academy on Cooper Square, which hosted an open studio tour during this year's event, and Dende & Band, an Afro-Brazilian percussionist-singing group, that performed at the Joe's Pub Block Party on the intersection of Astor Place & Lafayatte Street.