- Posted July 5, 2012 by
New York City, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Art where you live
- NYCC 2014: The Hobbit, Karma Kitty, Jackie Allegra, DJ JFX, Zombies, a Star Wars Cadet and more
- NYCC 2014: A Tribute to the Caped Crusader
- NYCC 2014: Xmoor Studios, The Warriors, Catwoman and more
- NYCC 2014: Iron Mike Tyson, Wonder Woman, Batman Meets Batman and more
- NYCC 2014: Black Dynamite and Megabots Take Over New York Comic-Con
Makin' Hot Music in New York
View my photography portfolio at ByHandPix.com.
I caught part of the Make Music New York Festival, a live, free musical celebration across the city that takes place every June 21st, the longest day of the year, called the summer solstice. On that day, hundreds of public spaces throughout the five boroughs of New York City become impromptu stages for over 1,000 free concerts. The photos include DJ Esquire, an instructor at the Scratch Academy on Cooper Square, which hosted an open studio tour during this year's event, and Dende & Band, an Afro-Brazilian percussionist-singing group, that performed at the Joe's Pub Block Party on the intersection of Astor Place & Lafayatte Street.