- Posted July 5, 2012 by
Brooklyn, New York
- The Un-Demonization of Cuba--Communists Aren't the Boogeyman Anymore.
- I Hate This Monkey Movie, and Here's Why You Should, Too
- I Hate This Monkey Movie--Here's Why You Should Too
- It's Been A While, But It May Be Time to Resume Contributing to iReport
- Ukraine Spring---A Perfect Storm of Freedom and Tyranny ---by W J O'Reilly
Just "Get" Chris Rock's Unpatriotic Tweet, For What You Resist Will Only Persist
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
Chris Rock tweeted yesterday about the White Man's Independence Day and remarked about bitter residue over slavery in our nation's past. Many have responded on either side of the issue that one would have expected to be a more patriotic response to our July Fourth holiday. What is the enlightened response to Rock's bitter Tweet? Well, one thing's for sure, playing eye for an eye,or point counter point is absolutely the wrong thing to do and only adds more mass to the negativity of his initial communication. People who jump in on polar sides of an emotional argument only cause negativity to grow and there are no clear winners. No. The enlightened way to deal with his inconvenient, uncomfortable and negative claim is merely to get it. maybe it's true for him. I got it. Maybe he just had a lousy 50 dollar burger in Beverly Hills and got real edgy on Twitter. I got it. I don't agree, I don't disagree, I just get his communication, regardless of how it might make me feel if I dwelled upon it. For those who jumped in to deride Rock's lack of patriotism, I got your communication, too. We have altogether too many polarizing issues in our country nowadays, and the last thing we need to do with controversy is to resist it and make even more of it. Think about it. I'm W J O'Reilly.