- Posted July 14, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Thank You Obamacare - Rebate Check for $251.34 For Overcharge By Insurance Company
I received my Health Insurance rebate today. The rebate was triggered by the "medical loss ratio" provision of the 2010 health care reform law that essentially caps insurance companies' administrative costs at 20 percent of premiums. That is still way above a single payer system or Medicare for all but it is an improvement.
The check also came with an advisory letting everyone know the additional benefits provided by the Affordable Care Act. These specifically are that your premium includes coverage for screenings and physicals at no additional costs. The note stresses the company’s intent to lower administrative costs. Well, they finally have to do a little more to earn the premiums they’ve been pilfering for decades.
It is in the insurance companies’ best interest to keep their costs down because a single payer system is the next phase.