- Posted July 16, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Who taught you to love food?
- Why the US Supreme Court decision on same-sex matters for India
- Another horrific gangrape in India: What are we doing wrong?
- The dark side of India’s Kiss of Love protests against moral policing
- Perspectives from India: Why I relate to that catcalling video
- On Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's sexist remark about women
Go nuts with tender coconuts: The best alternative to soft drinks.
While in India, don't opt for a soft drink if you are bogged down by the heat. There are several road side stalls that sell fresh tender coconuts. Tender coconut water is known to refresh you, and leave you re-energised in no time. The water is rich in electrolytes and is an excellent source of fibre.
Sipping on tender coconut water remains a wonderful memory from childhood, when my parents would stop by stall along the countryside on long drives to the hills. We'd drink the juice and later, slice the meat inside to eat it. It's delicious and out of the world. I would surely suggest it to anyone visiting India. Especially, during the long, dry summer.!