- Posted July 23, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Colorado movie theater shooting
- Review of Tyler Perry Presents "PEEPLES"
- President Obama Forget RICH & WHITE Americans FIGHT for Black/Hispanics American NOW
- Connection between the New York Times Op-Ed “Gitmo is Killing Me” and Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack?
- Faith Shaking Moment: US Supreme Court Refusal to Hear My Discrimination Case
- BOYCOTT Trump’s 2013 All Star Celebrity Apprentice
Colorado Tragedy Highlights Urgent Need for Police Officers, Firefighters, and Teachers
- Anika3, CNN iReport producer
The senseless tragedy that occurred in Aurora, Colorado could happen again in any city or town in America. The tragedy highlights the urgent need to hire and/or retain police officers and firefighters. The ability to respond and treat anyone wounded or arrest and detain those responsible for killing innocent people should cause Congress to act with deliberate haste in passing the components of the American Jobs Act to hire first responders.
According to the “Plum Line” components of the American Jobs Act that Obama continues to demand that Republicans pass would invest $35 billionin federal funds to keep cops, firefighters, and teachers on the job. Republicans, Romney included, oppose this plan.” The fact that President Obama proposed this bill should not keep Romney and Republican members of Congress from “changing their position” to support passing this portion of the American Jobs Act.