- Posted July 25, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
The latest souvenir of Martin Kobler under the banner of road map"
On July 22, Mr. Martin Kobler while requesting a meeting with Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, wrote: “We are in contact with the Iraqi government on a roadmap to relocate camp Ashraf “.
On the following day, he sent another email under the title of "DRAFT …… Road map July 23 July".
On July 24 with a big clamor, it was announced that: " The United Nations mission in Iraq today presented a roadmap to the Government suggesting a series of steps to complete the peaceful relocation of Iranian exiles from Camp Ashraf to Camp Hurriya".
Mr. Kobler added in his statement : "To facilitate the remaining moves that will lead to the closure of Camp Ashraf, UNAMI called on the residents “to start the preparations for the next move without delay,” and asked the Government of Iraq “to be generous when it comes to the humanitarian needs of the residents and to continue to seek a peaceful solution to this issue under any circumstances” ".
1- The residents of Ashraf and their representatives, as usual, are unaware of the negotiations of the “facilitator” with the Iraqi government about their fate and final version of the road map, because the Iraqi government has never accepted the idea of dialogue with their representatives outside Iraq, since the Government of Iraq prefers negotiations with the gun pointed at the counterparts with threatening them to be arrested( Refer to statement by ICJDA statement on June 2, 2012)
Last December Mrs Rajavi announced her readiness to travel to Baghdad and talk with the Government of Iraq but the Government of Iraq did not accept it( NCRI December 21, 2012 statement ).
On January 2, 2012, Mrs Rajavi warned about the full-fledged attempts for the failure of the peaceful solution, and while reminding the previous call by Ban Ki-moon to the United Nations member states “to support and facilitate the implementation of any arrangement that is acceptable to the Government of Iraq and the camp residents” in order to find a peaceful and mutually acceptable solution she suggested a special conference in Paris or Brussels or Geneva, chaired by Special Representative of the UN Secretary General (SRSG) and in her presence or presence of the representatives of Ashraf residents and decision making Iraqi officials and other relevant parties. (NCRI statement January 2, 2012 statement)
-” Mrs. Rajavi once again emphasized the necessity of holding an international conference headed by the UN Secretary General’s Special Representative with representatives of Ashraf residents, the governments of Iraq and the United States, European Union, UNHCR and European Parliament taking part to save the peaceful solution"(NCRI Statement-January 9, 2012). But again GoI and SRSG did not accept.
2- The draft Road map of July 23, which has been sent to the representatives of the residents, is totally unacceptable by the residents and contains nothing new.
This is the final sample of dozens of drafts and letters which has been circulating between Mr Kobler and the representatives of the residents over the past seven month , the number of which exceeds 40. It is a gradual and attrition process which has started since December 18 , during which Martin Kobler step by step has either omitted the fundamental rights of the residents or has "wear them thin" as far as possible “so that the patience of the Iraqi government would not wear “thinner”.
3-Immediately upon receiving the road map of July 23, the representatives of the residents replied: "This document was nothing but the presentation of the programs and aims of the GoI and Iranian regime by UNAMI particularly that you also wrote in your letter of 22 July, "We are in contact with the government on a roadmap to relocate camp ashraf". He added "Without implementation of the minimum requirements that have not been implemented, the ones that have been mentioned in NCRI July 15 statement (8 Points of the 10 minimum humanitarian requirements for the departure of other groups from Ashraf to Liberty, no further move from Ashraf to Liberty is possible".
4- In this Road map, similar to previous ones, all the humanitarian requirements of the residents like water, electricity, and utility and personal vehicles and forklifts have been postponed to an unspecific and unclear arrangement. The experience has shown that they would never be implemented. Also in other drafts, there is an unabated and futile repetition that the Iraqi government agrees with the sale of the properties or transfer of power generators from Ashraf to Liberty, “ according to the need”, but in practice GoI refrains from implementing all commitments and agreements, but at the same time has gained the thanks and appreciation of the SRSG in the Security Council. For example:
• In the previous drafts Liberty’s water should have been connected to the city water before the month of Ramadan (starting July20), but in the Road map there is no mention of a specific date . In the Road map it has been written: ” A technical committee will meet Tuesday, July 24, 2012 in CL with participation of UNAMI to discuss equipment and engineering details of the future water system".
However, on Tuesday July 24, in spite of the regrettable situation of water, UNAMI informed Liberty representatives that the meeting of the relevant committee was not held and the Water Ministry technicians who met the UN monitors for almost 10 minutes the day before said that in the best case they would need three months to set up the structure to pump water from a nearby river as demanded by residents.
• In the roadmap, there is no mention of the six main generators of Ashraf, the ownership documents of which were presented to Mr Kobler and Iraqi officials 4 months ago. There would be impossible to generate electricity and pump water without transferring these six generators.
• After seven months, until now Ashraf residents have not been able to sell even one dollar of their properties due to the fact that merchants and purchasers are barred to enter Ashraf and yet the roadmap mentions nothing about removing this prohibition. This is while the residents have spent more than $2 million dollars over the past five months only for generators fuel since the Government of Iraq has not allowed them to purchase fuel from Iraqi market since four years ago and they are forced to import fuel from other countries with prices several times as much.
5. This roadmap is a clear attempt for forcing the residents to give up even their very minimum humanitarian needs. Altogether 2000 residents have relocated in five groups one after the other without their minimum humanitarian needs been provided only based on written and oral promises that these minimums would be provided with the next group.
Now with this roadmap, Mr. Kobler is repeating once again the same scenario in order to evict and relocate the remaining residents to Liberty prison only based on hollow promises without provision of the humanitarian minimums. In practice, this is the same plan of the Iranian regime and its Iraqi proxies to compel the Iranian opposition to submit and surrender.
6. This roadmap is the outcome of the bilateral agreement of the SRSG and the Iraqi side whereas any roadmap should come out of trilateral talks and agreed on by both residents and the Government of Iraq as announced on several occasions by the Secretary General. What a strange roadmap which has no precise arrangements and time line for resolving the most essential matters such as water, electricity, selling of the residents' movable and immovable properties and arrangements and prerequisites for evacuating Ashraf and its inspection?
Read more: http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/iran-resistance/12138-big-commotion-for-nothing41st-repetitious-and-hollow-draft-in-7-months-for-enchaining-the-iranian-opposition-in-liberty-prison-the-latest-souvenir-of-martin-kobler-under-the-banner-of--road-map-