- Posted July 25, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Sadr Movement reject Maliki’s reform plan: Iraq
“A government that cannot implement reforms must change”, Ziya Al-Assadi, Secretary General of the Ahrar Faction – part of the Sadr Movement- told Al-Hayat Daily. “This reform plan has no date, and it cannot resolve the problems and crisis”. “We demanded that a committee of experts be established not from the state or legislation, and there isn’t a representative from the Ahrar faction in this committee, therefore the Sadr Movement will turn to all legal options”, Al-Assadi added.
According to another report from the Al-Sharqiya TV, the Sadr Movement has decided to walk out of the ‘reform committee’ because it lacks seriousness. The Sadr Movement described staying in the committee as a waste of time and making fun of others.