- Posted July 26, 2012 by
Zamboanga City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Airplane window photos
- Unsung Heroes Who Are Volunteering for the Victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in the Philippines
- Haiyan’s Aftermath in Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines
- My Daughter Beatrice Was Bullied When She Was In Grade 4 Back In 2010
- The Anti-Pork Barrel Movement's Protest in Makati City
- About Ghana's Triumph in Curtailing Graft and Corruption
Up In The Clouds: A View of Zamboanga City From Above
Zamboanga City is considered as one of the ‘queen cities’ of Mindanao, Philippines. I went there in 2010 to attend a “peace seminar”. Various peace-advocacy groups held a “peace seminar” in a compound located at Paseo del Mar. The “peace seminar” was actually an inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue for the residents of Zamboanga City and the nearby towns and villages. Muslims, Christians, Shamanists (those who subscribe to tribal religious beliefs), city-dwellers and rural folks attended the seminar, The seminar took place in March, 2010.
I took some photos of the view of Zamboanga City from the skies when I went there in 2010. I took the photos when our plane from Manila was already within Zamboanga City’s airspace. It was magnificent to see the aerial view of Zamboanga City. It feels like you’re some kind of giant bird gazing on Earth when you’re up there in the skies and staring below. Zamboanga City looks so beautiful even from above.