- Posted July 27, 2012 by
- Letter from Iranian media and social network activists to the Leaders of Non-Aligned Movement
- Iran buried under the rubble of its foreign policy
- Iran Earthquake - 1000’s killed and injured, 1000’s more homeless, dozens of villages leveled - and Iranian Regime “STOPS” rescue efforts in less than 24 hours!!!
- Iranian Leaders and Revolutionary Guards Amass a Fortune as rest of the nation feels “venomous” bite of sanctions
- New US Sanctions Aimed at Crushing Iranian Regime
Time is not on Iran's side!
The new EU sanctions against Iran that went into effect two months ago have left both sides riddled with worries about cutting off all trade ties, particularly when it comes to Iran’s crude oil.
So far, the behavior of both sides have only managed to lead this politico-economic show down into dark and unfamiliar territories, slowly closing the last windows of hope for the conditions to ever returning to normal.
“European Union was perhaps not the largest but certainly the most important customer of Iranian oil, mainly due to its ability to buy the oil with Euro thereby enhancing Iran’s purchase power.” Says EU economic advisor Mehrdad Emadi. “The sanctions have all but brought that to a complete halt. Both sides are paying a high price for this.”
The most damaging effect however hasn’t been the sharp decline in Iran’s oil revenues or other exports to Europe. The irreparable damag in fact, is the rift created in the 230-year-old history of friendly and solid trade relations between Iran and Western Europe - currently known as EU. Emadi adds.
- In the first place, we simply Must earn the trust of the IAEA - so much so, that the Agency can become our voice.
- Secondly, from my standpoint, there can never be a single positive angle to the pervasive presence of the Sepaah (Revolutionary Guards) in Iran’s economy.
- Third. We must accept that in accordance with international parameters, Iran needs a 5-year economic boot camp, instead of inflationary channels.
Lastly, I must reiterate that Time Is Not On Our Side… The sooner we adhere to this tri-step strategy, the better we can mitigate the cost and reap the benefits.
** photo caption: "Please do not touch - Expensive item"