- Posted July 29, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Iraq: al-Anbar sheikhs call for aiding Syrian refugees
While forces under the command of Nouri al-Maliki mistreat Syrian refugees at boarder lines, Iraq’s al-Anbar Province sheikhs call on all tribes and Iraqi NGOs to mobilize and gather aid for the Syrian people.
According to a report by al-Sharqiya TV, Sheikh Ahmed Abu Risha, head of Iraqi Awakening Congress announced in a statement on behalf of all al-Anbar sheikhs that Iraqi tribes will not stand idly by vis-à-vis the massacres of the Syrian regime and call on the international community to adopt a strong position to end these killings.
The Iraqi Kurdistan National Union announced its support for the Syrian people’s uprising, especially the uprising of the Kurdish people against the Bashar al-Assad regime. Barham Saleh, Deputy Secretary General of this Union said that we support the regional uprisings, especially in Syria.