- Posted July 30, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Typhoon Gener (international name: Saola) Brought Strong Winds To Metro Manila
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Typhoon Gener never really hit Metro Manila and nearby towns and provinces, but it has intensified south monsoon winds in many parts of Luzon that Metro Manila experienced heavy rains and strong winds today- July 30. The rains and strong winds started pounding Metro Manila last night and lasted up to about 12 pm today. The rains and strong winds in Metro Manila have somehow been lessened this evening. But the weather bureau here in the Philippines warned the public that rains will continue until tomorrow afternoon in Metro Manila.
he pictures here show how Rizal Park (Luneta) in Manila, which is just beside the Manila Bay, looked like this afternoon at around 3 pm. Though the rains have somehow weakened, the winds were still blowing strongly during that time.