- Posted July 30, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
General Steel home appliance factory in Iran on verge of closure
With more and more production units closing down across Iran every day, the General Steel Factory is on the verge of closure due to the regime’s economic crisis. This is one of Iran’s largest home appliance factories.
A state-run media outlet wrote the trend of production units shutting down across the country has reached the large and experienced company of Iran Pouya (former General Steel) which makes refrigerators. This issue has led to many workers of this factory to be laid off. The Iran Pouya company, being one of the country’s oldest industrial companies, is on the verge of closure while it was once considered one of the main companies in all of the Middle East.
“A number of Iran Pouya Company workers have not received their salaries for the past two months,” a worker said, “and the insurance fees of a number of the workers have not been paid for the past four months by the company managers.”