- Posted August 8, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Hurricane season 2012
- Paul, age 55 had a motorcycle accident at age 26 and suffered a serious spinal cord injury, 29 years later he goes snorkeling in Akumal Bay, Mexico.
- Paul, a quadriplegic goes snorkeling 29 years after he sustained a spinal cord injury from a motorcycle accident.
- A feel great story about friendship, love, trust, caring, bravery and innovation.
- Hurricane Ernesto clean up and damage report at Half Moon Bay Akumal, Mexico
- Damage from Hurricane Ernesto has begun at Akumal, Mexico
Hurricane Ernesto cleanup has begun at Akumal, Mexico
- Anika3, CNN iReport producer
8/08/12 8:30 am
With still windy conditions and high waves at the normally calm Half Moon Bay in Akumal, Mexico cleanup has begun.
Clean up crews are hard at work picking up debris to get things back to normal while CEA (Centro Ecologico Akumal) volunteers are gathering scattered turtle eggs and any possible baby turtles that may have survived, it seems the worst is behind us with no major damage.
Note: The turtle program at CEA (Ecological Center of Akumal) will be in desperate need for contributions for cleanup, public awareness materials, location of exisitng nest and materials for new place markers, all contributions will be greatly appreciated.
It is expect that turtles will continue to come on shore to nest till the end of September and hatchings to continue till the end of November.