- Posted August 8, 2012 by
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter Opposition to Obamacare For 14 Cents Illustrates The Inhumaneness Of An Ideology
I will be honest. When I first heard Papa John’s complaint about Obamacare costing his company my first thought was that it was going to be some inordinate amount of money giving its size. To my chagrin when I read that it is equivalent to a 14 cents increase in the cost of a pizza I got extremely mad.
First of all it is my contention that healthcare insurance should not belong with corporations or employers. That said because of history much of it is delivered that way. Instead of employers fighting to avoid providing healthcare insurance to their employees, they should have engaged for a single payer healthcare system with private providers which would remove the burden from employer’s core business.
I would wager that some employers like the idea of providing insurance to use it to keep employees hostage. As one gets older it is difficult to move as some companies won’t hire in fear of their own policies being increased.