- Posted August 8, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Flooding in the City of Manila
I went around Manila yesterday morning at around 10 in the morning. Yesterday was Wednesday, August 8, 2012 here in the Philippines. Though the monsoon rains had already stopped, some thunderstorms were still occurring from time to time in various parts of Metro Manila since yesterday until morning today. My friends and I took a glimpse of the aftermath of week-long rains in Manila yesterday morning, and we took pictures of what Manila looked like after being battered by heavy rains since last Monday afternoon. Many parts of the city remained flooded yesterday. Flooding in other parts of Manila had already subsided since yesterday.
These are some interesting pictures that I was able to photograph yesterday morning in Manila. My friends and I were driving along Taft Avenue to Ayala Boulevard yesterday morning when I took pictures of those areas. We reached the stretch of Padre Faura Street as well some portions of P. Casal and Romualdez Streets. All of the said areas are located in Manila. We rode in a van when I took the pictures. My friends and I all went home safe yesterday afternoon after viewing the still-flooded areas of the city of Manila. Today’s weather in Metro Manila has improved and the sun will likely come out this morning. The national weather bureau in the Philippines predicted fair weather today for the whole of Luzon and Metro Manila.