- Posted August 12, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Political prisoner in Iran refuses to appear in regime’s courts
Ali Moezi, a political prisoner from the 1980s and the father of two PMOI members in Camp Ashraf, is currently being held in Tehran’s notorious Evin Prison and refuses to appear in the mullahs’ so-called courts, describing them as illegitimate, Herana website reported.
Moezi, arrested for the crime of visiting his children in Ashraf in 2008, was apprehended yet again for taking part in a memorial ceremony held for his fellow PMOI members Ali Saremi, Jafar Kazemi, Mohammad Ali Haj Aghaii and Mohsen Dokemechi, all executed by the Iranian regime for visiting Ashraf. Moezi was arrested by the regime’s Ministry of Intelligence and transferred to Evin’s Ward 209.
Judge Salavati prepared yet another sham criminal case in order to prosecute this political prisoner on the mullah-fabricated charges of ‘moharebe’ (enmity against the inhumane clerical regime) and visiting his children in Ashraf. In response to these measures Moezi has refused to appear in the regime’s courts, describing them as illegitimate.