- Posted August 16, 2012 by
San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Another View of The Basketball Court Turned into An Evacuation Center in San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
The video here was taken last Sunday, August 12. I went there to help in giving out and distributing relief goods for the evacuees in the area. I used my cellphone to record the video because the memory card of my digital camera was already full during that day.
The evacuation center in the video is actually a basketball court. It has 2 comfort rooms. People in that evacuation center have to line up to use a comfort room. The area is open with no doors and zero- privacy. People there still know how to smile and are quite cheerful in spite of the situation that they’re into right now. The evacuees who are being temporarily sheltered in the evacuation center must show strength and have great courage in order to successfully-rebuild their lives. They have to be cheerful always in order to survive and be truly-happy in this world of ours.
(Note: This is in response to Miss Kiesha Porter’s request for “supplemental videos” about the photo-essays that I’ve submitted on the assignment called “Asia Flooding.")