- Posted August 19, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Occupy Wall Street
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Occupy Kingwood – A Sustainable Form Of The Occupy Movement (2012- 08-18) 35 Consecutive Weeks
We had a wonderful 35th consecutive week of Occupy Kingwood, our weekly informational occupy. We had a strong showing.
We had a man in a pickup truck call us out. At first we thought he was being aggressive but to our chagrin he was actually extremely excited that we were out there. The man was a concrete worker that comes into the community to work and he feels that many in our community simply do not understand the plight of the middle class.
I explained to him that I think many do but are simply willfully trying to ignore todays realities. It is easier to turn one’s head than to realize that they may be one or a few paychecks from exiting the middle class. You see, many have seen many in this community move from affluence to despair.