- Posted August 21, 2012 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Senate Democrats Reject Justice Department Nominee Over Abu-Jamal Case
- Hurricane Sandy Aid and the 'Christie Story' Shows Why People Hate Government
- "Hey,Corporate America, Give Your Employees a Pay Raise and "Buy Yourself Some Good Publicity
- 'Beep' the E.U., Victoria Nuland Has More To Say On a New 'Russian Released Video' About $5 Billion U.S. Spent On 'Helping' Liberate Ukraine
- Comcast- Time Warner Merger? Better for Whom? Absolutely Not. No Way, No How!
High Gas Prices? Maybe Big Oil Wants Obama to Lose
Take your eyes off Big Oil for a minute and gas prices go up.
With the "Do Nothing Congress" we have now, Big Oil's been overlooked for two years since the GOP took control of the U.S. House.
So why raise prices now?
What could higher prices at the pump mean for them and to the Presidential elections?
Romney's Big Oil's 'guy'- not because oil production is down under Obama. On the contrary.
Didn't Obama open up more off shore drilling even after the Gulf spill?
Hasn't domestic oil production increased during Obama's Administration?
Big Oil's profits are higher now than under the Bush Administration. Sure.
Don't look for America's corporations to reward a Democratic President by helping him get re-elected.
Corporations don't like regulations. They're not responsible to the American people just their shareholders.
Reasonable profits and safety measures that would prevent another spill are not in their economic equation unless they're forced by Big Government.
That's why Republicans don't like Big Gov- not because the GOP cares about individual's rights.
Romney doesn't believe we should tax the "job creators" or regulate them so they do what's responsible.
But big oil may like what Romney will give them if he's elected -continued subsidies and lower corporate taxes.
Big Oil's subsidies will be under assault if Obama gets a second term.
Conservatives excuse this gas increase as: tensions in the Middle East, sanctions on Iran, and economic uncertainty for corporations about whether they will be able to repatriate their billions they've held overseas in order to avoid paying taxes to the good old USA.
Are there any calls for "Investigation" from Congress? Nope. Not from this Congress.
So Americans have another reason to fire the do nothing Congress in November.