- Posted August 22, 2012 by
- La Toya Jackson - May 2013 Race to Erace MS
- Lea Thompson - May 2013 Race to Erace MS Nancy Davis foundation event
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Tal talks music - May 2013 at the Race to Erace MS gala event
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Tal talks music - May 2013
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Tal - May 2013 at the Race to Erace MS Gala event
Inside the clock tower in Bern, Switzerland
This is a special look inside the famous clock tower (Zytglogge) in the old town of Bern, Switzerland. Dating from the early 13th century, the tower served as the city's first gate tower, and later as a prison. But the real jewel lies in the inner workings tucked behind the massive face. Th enormous timepiece was used to measure distance as well as as time, and features an astrological clock, showing the movements of the sun, moon and planets. Best appreciated up close, the clockwork's precise configuration not only controls the pendulum as it ticks away the seconds, but also features whimsical moving figures that entertain the crowds who gather below. Tourguide Ursula Arregger explains the complex inner-workings of the tower.