- Posted September 2, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Occupy Wall Street
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Kingwood, TX Women Create New Movement "un-Occupy Women" In Very Conservative Community
Women in Kingwood Texas have started a new movement. The movement was started by Valerie Dunn after her frustration with the continuous attack on women’s rights. “I am simply tired of men thinking they can take control of a woman’s body” said Dunn.
The movement is a breakoff from the informational Occupy that has been in effect in Kingwood for 37 consecutive weeks. “I hope to keep this spinoff up till the election with the expectation that other communities will adopt it as the election draws near to ensure women vote appropriately” said Dunn.
Stephanie Kelly was a bit more brash. She said “Republicans only care about ‘children’ from conception till birth. After that they do not give a damn”. Deborah Mowrey said she is in this to protect her rights, the rights of her daughter and eventually her granddaughter.
Karen Menke who has lived through much of the civil rights, ERA, and other movements says based on Republican policies, it is evident they want to return to the 1950s. These are courageous women who are well known in this very conservative community. They have refused to succumb to peer pressure as the fight for not only their rights but for the rights of many women who continue to vote against their own interest.