- Posted September 5, 2012 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Sights and sounds of the DNC
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Question of the Day: Who was the best US First Lady in recent history?
When it comes to global affairs, I think Mrs. Hillary Clinton was the best US First Lady in recent history. She supported several good causes in many parts of the world. She championed gender equality and women’s all over the globe. She had traveled to 79 countries, making her the most-travelled US First Lady in recent history. As a First Lady, Hillary played a “soft power role” in US diplomacy.
She played an ‘active role’ during the Clinton administration. She was part of an inner circle that helped in vetting appointees to the then Clinton administration. She was even appointed by her husband as head of Task Force on National Health Care Reform. As a First Lady, Hillary was quite active in doing humanitarian undertakings. She was also criticized by some detractors as having acted as some sort of a co-president during the Clinton administration.
Hillary Clinton later became Senator and US Secretary of State. She made several achievements as a First Lady, and she is still continuing her public service even after her husband has long retired from politics. I consider Mrs. Hillary Clinton as the best US First Lady in recent history.