- Posted September 5, 2012 by
Charlotte, North Carolina
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Sights and sounds of the DNC
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
My Impression Of The First Real Day Of The Democratic Convention
It is clear that in the 2012 election that the party that demonstrates the greatest propensity towards middle class centric policies is the Democratic Party. Tuesday was the first real day of the convention and the plethora of people of all background talking, in the delegation, and in the audience made it evident if there is a party that can be called America’s party, it is this one.
The atmosphere was electric. More than the electric the atmosphere did not feel pre-fabricated. It did not feel like a well choreographed production (inasmuch as we do know these events are), because this choreography is the current reality of this party with all its flaws. It’s platform codifies and aspiration for America second to none.