- Posted September 5, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
This is an important election
I have watched and listened to Obama and Obama supporters. Everything they say sound great, I love every bit of what I hear when I listen to them. I truly wish we could all have the best health care, I wish we could all have a good job with a six digit retirement plan like a lot of federal employees have. But then there is a part of me that thinks that hey wake up, this is a fantasy land, one where you can just keep borrowing and printing all your money. Spend first, then worry about paying for it. This is exactly what gets people into serious financial problems, in fact if your child went crazy with your checkbook and over drew your account, you would probably never let him have your checkbook again. But yet we keep allowing our government to do this to us. And my friends Mr. Obama is content to play this game as long as he can be the keeper of the keys. You see we can’t go on like this, something has to change. No not something many things need to change.
1. We need a President who can take command of the White House and stop all the political games. This President needs to be serious and focused on the needs of America and Americans and put America ahead of politics.
2. We need our infrastructure repaired, not just a bandage or a hot patch, we need to fix it, make it better, stronger, and more durable. Fix our drain systems, our roads, our bridges, our water purification plants etc, this will kick start the economy for all Americans not just for one company and a hand full of employees such as Solindra.
We need our tax dollars spent here in the US, and not one dollar of our money should be given to other countries for any reason what so ever until our economy is fixed.
3. This President needs to tap our own energy sources and end our dependency on
foreign oil, I would imagine that if they would tap our own energy this would create a lot of jobs, it might be a good idea to get something going with our neighbor Canada start building the pipeline.
4. This President needs to show true transparency and be truthful with the American public and not just say they are going to do that, we want to see it.
5. We need a President who will stop corruption settling into big corporation, our
government, and our nation.
6. We need a President who don't apologize and can be respected by other countries leaders like we used to be. Obama has made us look weak in the eyes of other leaders.
7. We need a President to stop all the regulations on businesses. I personally would rather breathe a little dirty air and have businesses opening and hiring than to have clean air and no work for Americans. Our own government is running businesses out of our country with all these stupid regulations. Cut the job makers loose for a few years and get the economy going then worry about your stupid regulations after we get running again. That is all these people do in Washington, they make all these new regulations just so they can say they did something.
I believe Romney and Ryan are the best bet, this is sad for me to say, I have never in my life voted Republican. But I know what both Obama and Romney are saying, but the fact of the matter and at the end of the day, someone is going to have to be responsible and sacrifice for this debt we have let Washington run up. Us sitting here wanting more and more hand outs is just wrong, it can’t work, it only sounds good. I believe Romney being a business man and Ryan very experienced in Washington and gets along with both parties. Ryan is determined and got into politics specifically because he wanted to fix our country for his kids and family.
I know what Obama has to offer I test drove almost 4 years of Obama and I don’t think I want to have another 4 years of this. It could potentially ruin America and life as we know it.
We need a President who is willing to do what he knows needs to be done and quit pampering people just to get re-elected. We don’t need a President who puts our country on hold just because he feels the need to be campaigning for re-election rather than solving our problems. Obama don’t care about the country, he just cares about fueling his ego and winning a re-election.
We need a President who don’t start new agencies and commissions for every little thing that comes along, and then hire a watch dog group to watch them. Then we just have 2 agencies ripping us off and blowing our money like it is theirs.