- Posted September 9, 2012 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Drug Company,Novatis, Pays U.S. Government $422.5M in Marketing, Kickback, 'Pay to Play' "Fine"
- America- Having Two Jobs Now Necessary to Break Even
- Snow In April In Northern NY? Seriously?
- No Farms, No Food. Right? No Jobs, No Economy? Not Quite True..
- U.S. Government Finances Yet More of China's Technological and Manufacturing Superiority
Inside Story of the Debt Ceiling Crisis-How House Republicans Blackmailed a President and a Country
"We are not going to negotiate this with you", said House Speaker John Boehner during the nation's 'Debt Ceiling Crisis negotiations.
"President Obama summoned the top four congressional leaders to the White House on Saturday morning, July 23, 2011.
The night before, House Speaker John A. Boehner had withdrawn from negotiations to raise the $14 trillion federal debt limit and save the government from a catastrophic default. “Nobody wanted to be there,” Boehner later recalled. “The president’s still pissed.”
From the “The Price of Politics,” by Bob Woodward
Full Story by Bob Woodward, Washington Post, at:
"We are not going to negotiate this with you.
Obama objected, saying that he couldn’t be left out of the process. “I’ve got to sign this bill,” he reminded the leaders as they sat in the Cabinet Room off the Oval Office.
“Mr. President,” Boehner challenged, “as I read the Constitution, the Congress writes the laws. You get to decide if you want to sign them.”
The GOP has claimed Obama refused to work with them during his term as president. This article shows how he tried and House Republicans refused.
During the biggest financial crisis our nation has faced since the Great Depression, Republican leadership had their eyes on 'making Obama a one term president' and not on the challenges that faced our people.