- Posted September 10, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Teachers: Why do you teach?
- TX State Rep Senfronia Thompson Interview On Rick Perry Vetoing HB 950 (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)
- War Hawks Pressuring President Obama Into Syrian Civil War (VIDEO)
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
Inasmuch as it is inconvenient I want more teachers striking
I believe that teachers should be competent. If we believe the claim that we pay executives high salaries for a better return on investment then we should consider that the return of our most precious investments, our children will only have good teachers if they are rewarded accordingly.
I want to get rid of bad teachers. That said most teachers are not bad teachers and we tend to treat them as such. I think it is time for a “teacher’s civil rights” movement. It is time for them to assert their worth to society compared to our Titans of Finance who are the ones that produce little but somehow we allow them to continue to pilfer the middle class, teachers included by their demands to not pay their relative fair share in taxes.