- Posted September 10, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Teachers: Why do you teach?
Why I Teach
1. I teach because I feel that education is the best weapon against ignorance, poverty, and violence.
2. I got to high-five little Davion when he received his first A.
3. I get to open students’ minds about who they are, who they can become, and how to treat other human beings.
4. I get to take my students, some of whom have never been outside of their own neighborhoods, on field trips to places that are right here, in their own city.
5. I teach because my students’ expectations of me are just as high as the ones I have of them ☺.
6. I teach because I understand that we live in a technology and information driven society- and although we often have to fundraise to provide money to keep our librarian and research teacher’s position at our school, I want my students to have every opportunity for those experiences.
7. I teach because I love learning new things and I couldn’t imagine keeping those things to myself.
8. Although I may not look like most of my students, I teach because one day, maybe after having me as their teacher, they’ll see someone with my skin color and associate that person with their positive learning experience from our time together, and look upon that person with good favor.
9. I teach because I believe in people.