- Posted September 12, 2012 by
BRANIMIR STOJANCIC - WE EXPECT INVESTITORS
- A little, almost nothing. We are not aware of the position in which we find ourselves, we lost the statesmen who stand behind their ideas and are willing to give their lives for them. There is a big difference between a politician and a statesman, politician thinks for next election anad a statesman - what will leave for generations to come. We have not learned the lessons from our recent and distant past and we are repeating mistakes and errors. Quote from Slobodan Jovanović: "We are continuing to turn to the east and the west, sometimes on the north and south, we think we have all the fire that burns and not realizing that we are wicks that burn only when other want and goes out when we thez want." We need to finally realize that the diplomacy and politics dont have the eternal l friends - in the war we have friends out of necessity and of interest in the time of of peace. Only when we understand the mistakes of the past and recognize them only then will we change the policy in Serbia.
South Serbia expects investments - how much of them there will be and to what extent?
- The announcement of the investors from China to invest in renewable energy, from Germany and Italy, who will invest in the textile and wood processing industry, the Russians are interested in non-metals as well as investors from Germany, and there is great interest in travel and investment in infrastructure building companies. And we expect to attract a greater number of investors primarily in the area of production, because this is where the biggest capital is.
In order to attract investors to the South of Serbia what do we need to do?
- We are solving problems, running all the systems of society in order to attract investors. Changing local regulations, municipal development and creating and also enabling environment for investors, we will make everything possible to attract domestic and foreign investors, in addition to stimulating business measures, an investor seeks gratification and cultural and other needs of the territory in which the funds invest their money. What is most important is to create a secure environment for investment promotion with all the advantages that Vranje offers, we primarily refer to the favorable climate and proximity to other markets - Macedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, and Kosovo and Metohija.
What Serbian politicians can learn from politicians from the EU and the U.S.?
- First of all, how to build long-term and systematic state. How to cherish the history and culture of the people and preserves national sovereignty and dignity. How to think in times of crisis , decisions are made with reference to the past, but looking to the future. How to respect the institutions of the state, nurtured and perfected. And what is most important - that we are here because of the people and that we are transitory and we are replaceable.
How important is it for a politician to be versatile?
- Only a versatile personality is a complete personality and politician. We must know all the systems of society to bring the right decisions, because they are all connected systems, complement and build on, the system of education, health, social policy, system manufacturing, government, defense and security ... They all are linked and compatible, and all are necessary to build a modern society, we have to know that they could change things and improve them for the benefit of the citizens.