- Posted September 16, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Election 2012: Your stories
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Occupy Kingwood – A Sustainable Form Of The Occupy Movement (2012- 09-15) 39 Weeks Strong
See Original Post With Pictures HERE.
Today was a great Occupy Kingwood. The morning started out cool. Even when the sun came out the slightly cool breeze made it comfortable. Well, we completed our 39th week of Occupy Kingwood.
We had our now normal split with Valerie and some of the women branching off into the un-Occupy Women movement. When I went over to get a few pictures and messages from the ladies I extended my stay for two reasons; it was shady and cool and we were politely confronted by a “corporate executive” neighbor who challenged us on whether there was a real war on women as well as on school funding issues.
I think when he left he was convinced that women were really under attack by the Republicans. He agreed with us in principle on education but seem to be hesitant on expanding funding. All in all it was a very positive discussion and it is the type of discussion informed folks must have with those that are either uninformed or simply apathetic.
Today we welcome two new speakers. They were Jeanine Higgins and Bryan Henry.Bryan have written many op-eds for our local paper.