- Posted September 19, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Ask the iReport community
- At age 57 United Airlines 747 Captain Bruce Conner Qualifies for his 4th US Olympic Trials in Long Track Speed Skating. Bruce Conner hopes to inspire others.
- "His Work Spawned An Idea"
- What's Better? Marketing Outdoor Gear to the Core or to the Lifestyle?
- “He Carries A Tall Order”
- "Winter Outdoor Retailer Begins"
Success can be defined in so many ways. At times I look at where I was raised and I have a pretty good idea of how some of the parents define success……it goes something like this:
• If you moved back from where we grew up you made it
• Member of a country club
• Nice car
• Huge house
• Nice watch
• Big Title
• Graduated from an Ivy
• Oh…she married a doctor…she did so well.
The list up above is total horse crap…..in fact I am embarrassed for the folks who think this all defines success. Ok……enough of my harsh feelings about this topic. Who am I to judge? However, so many people are so lost in the shuffle of life and success. Now let’s get on to the positive part of this solid read by a dude who loves to drill the paper with ink.
Success is actually how you feel…..did you guys know that??? Let me say it again….success is how you feel! If you feel good then it cascades down a list of super cool things:
• You become a better friend
• You become a better uncle or aunt
• You become a better husband/wife
• You do your job better and grab onto a strong sense of pride for your hard work each day
• Ultimately those around you feel better about you and you do about them
Success is feeling so good that you become contagious to others in many places. I think I would rather feel good than live in the big house…..have the nice car….etc. I am always so amazed how people judge others success based on who they married….possessions…..and fancy vacations. How about what a great guy you married……or what a wonderful women you have in your life.
I think I would like to be remembered for the success I had and gave as a father to my wife and children. I don’t want to ever be remembered for something visually built from monetary success. Do you know what success is? If you think it is monetary wealth you have another thing coming and better wake up real fast. Behind your new porsche are a host of feelings and emotions that should be channeled to your family and not the second layer of wax on your car.
By Bradley D. Weisman
Approved by Edison Nation www.edisonnation.com