- Posted September 21, 2012 by
- British woman sentenced to 20 years in prison in Iran
- Silence death instead of public execution Rouhani’s message of change
- Voice of Zahra Bahrami for freedom and against barbarism Farsi with English translation
- People’s message to regime in the 2013 election in Iran: Free political prisoners in Iran
- 5 days of action in support of political prisoners in Iran
Jila Baniyaghoob has checked into Evin prison to serve her sentence as a "professional" hostage. Her husband Bahman Ahmadi Amouee is a hostage exiled to Rajai Shahr Prison! !
Jila Baniyaghoob is a freelance reporter and was editor-in-chief of the Web site Kanoon Zanan Irani (Iranian Women's Center).
Baniyaghoob, faces many social and political obstacles in her country amidst a restrictive environment for women and journalists. Her reporting on sensitive issues has led to her being beaten, arrested and imprisoned multiple times.
She was arrested most recently in June 2009 while covering the post-election protests in Iran. Baniyaghoob’s husband, journalist Bahman Ahmadi Amoyee, was also arrested at that time. Baniyaghoob was released in August, but her husband remained in prison.