- Posted September 21, 2012 by
- Iranian regimes President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Arrested
- Låt mig först gratulera arbetarnas Internationella dag.
- The International Day in Support of Political Prisoners in Iran
- Mohammad Reza Pourshajari suffered heart attack in Rajai Shahr prison
- Saeed Mortazavi detained as factional feuding escalates
Jila Baniyaghoob has checked into Evin prison to serve her sentence as a "professional" hostage. Her husband Bahman Ahmadi Amouee is a hostage exiled to Rajai Shahr Prison! !
Jila Baniyaghoob is a freelance reporter and was editor-in-chief of the Web site Kanoon Zanan Irani (Iranian Women's Center).
Baniyaghoob, faces many social and political obstacles in her country amidst a restrictive environment for women and journalists. Her reporting on sensitive issues has led to her being beaten, arrested and imprisoned multiple times.
She was arrested most recently in June 2009 while covering the post-election protests in Iran. Baniyaghoob’s husband, journalist Bahman Ahmadi Amoyee, was also arrested at that time. Baniyaghoob was released in August, but her husband remained in prison.